Sorry for being MIA, not that you guys missed me (or did you?)
I was homesick AF.. I just wanted to stay away from everything. No mood for anything kind of days.. But now I’m back and I feel much better.
Speaking of ‘no mood for anything’, I din’t even cook much last couple of days.. I had gone from ‘live-to-eat’ to ‘eat-to-live’.
So on one of those days, when I got bored of having just hot cocoa for breakfast, I was in mood to make this mug cake.
Mug cakes are saviors.. and in my case they’re also mood-lifters simply cos 1. it’s easy 2. it’s yummy 3. you can make it in a cinch and let’s not forget they’re fancy!!
I don’t make it often but I have tried this recipe like 5 times and I love how easy it is and not dry like other recipes.. If you have survived my rants and reached till here, Thank you and here’s the recipe..
- All purpose flour- 1/4th cup
- Cocoa powder- 2 tbsp
- Granulated sugar- 2 tbsp
- Milk- A lil more than 1/4 cup
- Oil- 2 tbsp (I used canola)
- Baking powder- 1/4 tsp
- In a microwave safe mug, add all the dry ingredients and stir well so that there are no lumps.
- Add in milk and oil and mix well.
- Make sure the batter level is not more than 2/3rd of your mug. It needs some space to rise.
- Microwave for 70 seconds on high.
- And that’s it, you can have it as it is or add a dollop of Nutella.