Broccoli- 1 head( cut into medium sized florets)
Onion- 1 big(roughly chopped)
Tomato- 2 medium (roughly chopped)
Ginger Garlic paste- 1 tsp
Cashews- a handful Jeera(cumin)- 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder- 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder- 1/2 tsp
Garam masala- 1/2 tsp
Kasuri methi- 1/2 tsp
Oil- 2 tsp Salt- to taste
- Boil 4 cups of water. Once it starts boiling add the broccoli florets and turn off the stove and keep it closed for 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan and add jeera to it. Fry for 1 minute.
- Add onions and fry until translucent. Add ginger garlic paste to it and saute for 2 mins.
- Turn off the stove and transfer this content to blender and blend it coarsely.
- Heat the pan and add the onion mixture back to pan and saute it.
- Meanwhile add tomatoes and cashews to the blender and puree it.
- Now add the tomato-cashew puree to the pan and mix well.
- Now bring in all the masala powders and add them to the mixture and mix well.
- Let the mixture thicken and you will see the oil oozing out.
- Now add broccoli to this and mix well.
- The water from the broccoli will be enough to thin out the gravy, if not add some more water.
- Oops I almost forgot salt. You may add salt now and mix well.
- Serve this curry with roti, naan or rice.
(Visited 386 times, 1 visits today)