I’ve been meaning to try spiralizing zucchini since long time, so glad that I finally made it to the zoodles bandwagon. a lil too late but oh well! We had a zucchini plant last summer which flooded us with jumbo zucchinis and I was running out of recipes. Since they were jumbo in size I couldn’t spiralize it then. I recently picked some small sized zucchinis JUST to make zoodles and it came just fine. I love how it comes together so easily and tastes so much like the real deal.. but healthier.. and tastier. FUN-1 CARBS-0
Byebye Carb loaded Pasta.. Hello spiralizer, my favorite kitchen tool. I use the hourglass shaped one from Bed Bath and Beyond. I guess it’s called Vegetti and it’s around <$10, totally worth it. I’m gonna spiralize anything and everything in coming days.
You can eat the spiralized zucchini raw or you can simply stir-fry it for few mins like I did. I wanted to make this dish healthy to the tee. So, decided to use avocado as a base for sauce, along with it had to go some kind of greens. I had only radish greens available hence went with it. You can also sub it with spinach/kale, and sub peas with pine nuts/almonds.
Here’s how I made it
Zucchini- 3 small(washed and peeled)
For the sauce
Avocado- 1 (scoop out the flesh)
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Frozen peas(thawed)- 3/4 th cup
Radish greens/ any greens- a small bunch
Cilantro- a lil
Green chilies- 2 (you can sub it with pepper)
Salt- to taste
- Follow the instructions on your spiralizer and make zucchini noodles(zoodles).
- Heat a pan, add the zoodles in the pan and stir fry it until it’s sort of cooked or soft for like 2-3 mins.
- Place all the ingredients mentioned under ‘for the sauce’ into a food processor or blender.
- Pulse it until smooth and creamy.
- Toss zoodles with the sauce and serve. You may also add steamed broccolli, asparagus or some cherry tomatoes to this.
Have you guys joined the spiralizing bandwagon yet? If yes, hi-five and share your recipes with me pretty please?
If not, give this a try, you will love it!- I promise!! 🙂
(Visited 525 times, 1 visits today)