How was you long weekend? I did something very brave this weekend.
I went to my bestie’s baby shower ceremony which I din’t want to miss at any cost but I thought I was not ready yet to mingle in the crowd. I had several panic attacks on my way to her place but I was just fine and brave and din’t breakdown or anything. This is my first day out after my dad’s passing and thanks to my friends who made me feel better. That’s how my Saturday and Sunday was spent. On Monday, we finally assembled our Ikea patio furniture because Summer is coming baby!! To inaugurate our all ‘decked’ up patio I made this simple and quick asparagus and halloumi cheese salad for dinner and ended it with raspberry kringle for dessert.
Asparagus is neither my favorite nor I hate it but I love cooking with it. Tried halloumi for the first time and it tasted like paneer to us, so it’s a win. I’m yet to buy a grill (say what!) so I just panfried both asparagus and halloumi cheese. You can grill it if you have one and invite me for your patio party, I’ll bring dessert!
Here’s how I make it. you’ll need –
Asparagus – a bunch
Oil- 3 tsp
Halloumi cheese- half of 7oz bar
Salt and pepper to taste
Lemon wedges- 4-5
- Cut the ends of the asparagus and place them on a heated pan. Sprinkle some oil and let it roast for 3-4 mins.
- Keep tossing so that it roasts evenly on all sides. Transfer it into a plate.
- Cut halloumi cheese into small chunks and pour them into the same pan and sprinkle some more oil and pan-fry them for a min on each sides.
- Pour it over asparagus. Sprinkle some salt and pepper and garnish with lemon wedges.
- You can squeeze some lemon juice over this just before eating.
(Visited 109 times, 1 visits today)