My parents are more of filter coffee addicts but coffee is just not MY cup of tea. If this makes you think that they prolly adopted me then you and my brother can be best friends. Hot ginger and cardamom spiced dark tea is my cup of tea. You see what I did there? *wink*
Anyhoo, Tea/Chai was exclusively made for our house help and me and served with Parle- G biscuits. Also, my mom makes the best tea- taste wise, aroma wise and looks wise. You will never see any dirty malai floating when she serves. That’s the main reason I hesitate to drink tea/coffee/milk at anyone’s place. I have seen so many people claiming they never have malai when they make tea/coffee and somehow that dirty looking stupid idiot moron malai pops out of nowhere and THIS IS WHY I HAVE TRUST ISSUES!!!!!!!! That’s like the biggest sentence I’ve ever written I guess.
It was raining in the evening today and that definitely calls for hot adrak chai, right? right. This is how my mom makes it and I follow the ‘recipe’ to the tee.
And if you are a coffee kind of person then check out my recent discovery
Milk:1 cup::Water: 1 cup (I use 2%, if you’re using whole fat then milk::3/4 cup::water:1 1/4 cup)
Sugar to taste
Ginger- a small raspberry size
Cardamom powder- 1/4th tsp
Tea powder- 3 tsp
- Boil water in a pot along with crushed ginger and tea powder and let it infuse.
- Add milk to this along with cardamom powder.
- Bring this to boil and remove from flame.
- Using a strainer, strain into cups and add sugar and stir well.
- I usually add 1 1/2 tsp of sugar for each cup.
- Go get some biscuits/cookies and dunk them and ENJOY!
(Visited 275 times, 1 visits today)