My pantry is always stocked with all kind of lentils and I love each one of them so much. I love how healthy and versatile they are and let’s not forget how delicious they are too. We are a big fan of lentils- curry, sundal, hummus,salad, anything!
Annoying part about this is I ALWAYS forget(or a lil lazy) to soak it and most of them need overnight soaking. But my love for these lentils beats my laziness and I’m proud of myself for this. I usually make only sundal with kala channa and love it. Found this awesome awesome recipe
when I googled(Oh what would I do without you, Google). Made it the same day and fell in love with it. This recipe is a keeper and have been making this a lot since then. Here’s how I make it.
You will need
Black channa(soaked overnight)- 1 cup
Onion(big, chopped)- 1
Garlic(chopped)- 4-5 pods
Potato(cut into chunks)- 1
Chili powder- 1 tbsp
Coriander Powder- 2 tbsp
Tamarind- one blueberry size
Oil- 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Coconut(grated)- 1/2 cup
- Heat a cooker on the stove and pour 2 tsp of oil in it.
- Add cinnamon and cloves to it.
- Add onions and garlic pods and fry for few mins and add tomatoes to it.
- Add potato chunks, channa, chili powder and coriander powder and mix well.
- Add 3 cups of water and salt to this.Close and cook for 4 whistles.
- Meanwhile, grind everything under ‘ To grind’ into a paste.
- Soak the tamarind in little water and extract the juice.
- Open the cooker once the pressure is released.
- Add the coconut mixture and tamarind water to the curry and mix well and switch off the flame after 5 minutes.
- Serve with rice, roti, dosai, idly and enjoy.
(Visited 238 times, 1 visits today)