1. 1 cup rice + 1/2 cup quinoa but you can use just 1.5 cup rice.
2. Toor Dal- 1 cup
3.Onion- 1 small ( cut into small pieces)
4. Tomato- 1 (cut into small pieces)
5. Vegetables (carrot+potato+peas+beans)- 1 bowl
6. Tamarind- 1 lemon size ball or 1 tsp tamarind extract
7. Bisibelebath Powder – 4 tbsp
8. Turmeric powder- a pinch
9. Salt- to taste
10. a tiny piece of jaggery (optional)
Mustard Seeds- 1 tsp
Oil- 2 tbsp
Red chili- 3
curry leaves- a handful
- Turn on the Saute mode on IP. Heat oil, add mustard seeds. Once that splutters add red chillies and onions. Fry until onion turns translucent.
- Add tomatoes and fry for a min and add all the veggies to this. Add bisibelebath powder, salt and tamarind extract.
- Turn off the saute mode by clicking on cancel.
- Add rice, quinoa, toor dal and 8 cups of water to this and mix well. Cover the lid and turn valve on ‘sealing’ mode. Pressure cook on ‘manual’ for 15 minutes minutes. Open it once the pressure is naturally released. Pour some ghee and enjoy.
(Visited 8,213 times, 1 visits today)