I’m flooded with negative vibes sometimes and it’s really scary and stressful. I try to shoo them away by practising mindfulness. I do a lot of gardening, walking and baking. It really helps me relax and therapeutic. I know it totally doesn’t sound anything like me but I guess it’s part of grieving. Last week I baked whole wheat buns
and this week I baked this delicious dessert- Strawberry Crisp.
This was in my baking bucket list since long and finally got to make it. I wouldn’t call it one of the best desserts but I gotta love how simple and easy it is to make.Also, it’s egg free and dairy free. you can also try with other berries, peaches, rhubarb. It’s usually paired with a scoop of ice-cream but I’m not a big fan of ice-cream.I liked it as such. Here’s how I made it.
You will need
- Strawberry- 2 cup(hulled and sliced)
- Corn starch- 1 tsp (optional)
- Sugar- 2 tsp
- Oats- 1 1/2 cup oats
- Whole wheat flour- 2 tsp
- Brown sugar- 1/4 cup
- Butter- 4-5 tsp (I used dairy free Vegan butter)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- Take an oven safe bowl. Add the sliced strawberries and sprinkle cornstarch and sugar over it.
- In a bowl add all the ingredients under ‘For topping’ and mix it gently with your finger tips until evenly combined.
- Crumble this topping over the strawberries.
- Bake it in the middle rack for 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the fruit begins to bubble.
- Cool it down for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with scoop of ice-cream or enjoy it just like that.
(Visited 59 times, 1 visits today)