Rajma or kidney beans is very healthy and one of my favorite legumes. Rajma Masala screams comfort to me and I make very often since it’s our favorite. This is my first time making rajma in my Instant Pot and it turned out so well. We usually enjoy it over roti or hot steamed rice or quinoa. Here’s how I made it. If you’re scouting for Instant Pot recipes, here’s few.
Bisibelebath in Instant Pot
My fav Instant Pot Recipes
You will need.
Kidney Beans- 2 cups (washed and soaked overnight)
Onion- 1 big (chopped)
Tomato- 2 (chopped)
Ginger Garlic paste- 1 tsp
Green chili- 4
Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder- 1 tsp
Rajma masala- 2 tsp
Oil- 3 tsp
Cumin seeds- 2 tsp
Water- 5 cups
Salt- to taste
- Press Saute mode on your IP and add oil. Add cumin seeds and fry for 30 secs.
- Add onions and green chili until onion turns translucent.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for a minute. Add tomatoes and fry until mushy.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, rajma masala and salt. Mix well.
- Press ‘Cancel’. Add kidney beans and 5-6 cups of water. Mix well.
- Lock on the lid. Turn the steam release valve to ‘ sealing’. Press ‘manual’ and set the time for 20 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally and then you can serve it with roti or rice.
(Visited 1,222 times, 1 visits today)