There’s a tomato flood happening in my backyard and we are running out of recipes. Not really. There’s so much we can do with tomatoes, Isn’t it? Planning to use up fresh as much as I can and gonna freeze the excess for later use. I have been making a lot of tomato based gravies
, marinara sauce
, sambar and rasam. I planned to make some bruschetta and caprese salad to go with the spaghetti pasta
for dinner last night, but we loved bruschetta so much that we ODed on it and skipped the pasta. There’s something about cooking and consuming fresh veggies especially tomatoes. This bruschetta tasted much much flavorful than the ones I have had before at the restaurants(#humblebrag). Here’s how I made it.
You will need
- Ripe roma tomatoes(chopped finely)- 1 cup
- Olive oil- 2 tbsp
- Basil leaves- a handful(chopped)
- Garlic- 2(finely chopped)
- Salt & pepper- to taste
- Italian/ french baguette- 5 half inch slices
- Add all the above ingredients except the bread and gently stir and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Let the flavors marry.
- Toast/grill the bread slices well.
- Spoon some tomato mixture onto the bread slices and enjoy!
(Visited 131 times, 1 visits today)