Eggplant/brinjal is my least favorite vegetable, bitter gourd is a close second. Baingan bharta is the only way I would eat eggplant since it’s all mashed up but hey, I eat it that’s what matters right. We have been harvesting eggplants every other day and once I have enough I make this dish. We usually have it with roti/phulka. This is how I make.
You will need
Eggplants- 4 ( I use the japanese eggplants, if you are using the regular ones use 1, or if smaller ones use )
Onion- 1 big( chopped)
Green Chili- 4(finely chopped)
Ginger garlic paste- 3/4 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
Red Chili Powder- 1/2 tsp
Garam masala/ Kitchen king- 1/2 tsp
Cilantro for garnishing
Salt to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F and place the eggplants in a baking sheet. Spray some oil over it and bake for 15-20 mins.
- In a pot, add some oil and cumin seeds. Add green chili,onion and saute until onion turns translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a min.
- Add in tomatoes and add all the masala powders and mix well.
- Cook until tomato is well cooked. Meanwhile, peel the skin of eggplant and mash well.
- Add the mashed eggplant and salt to the tomato mixture and mix well.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve with roti/rice. Enjoy!
(Visited 56 times, 1 visits today)