Peanut butter cookies or nankhatais (butter cookie) are staple at our home because we love them the most. I made these cashew cookies long back and just found the pictures while I was digging for something else. The recipe is same as nankhatai’s just that I took it up a notch and added some cashew bits.
You can add any nuts to this recipe. I cant wait to try with pistachios. I also substituted all purpose flour with whole-wheat. Alright, Here’s how I make it.
You will need
Wholewheat flour- 1.5 cups
Sugar- 1/2 cup
Oil – 1/3 cup (you can use butter)
Cashews/any nuts( chopped coarsely) – 1/2 cup
Almond milk- 1/4 cup (you can use the regular milk)
Vanilla extract- 1/2 tsp
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F and line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Combine butter/oil, sugar and vanilla extract in a bowl and whip it until creamy.
- Add in flour and nuts and mix until well combined.
- Add milk and mix again to make the dough softer.
- Shape them into small balls and place them on the cookie sheet.
- Gently press them with fork to form a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake them for 15 minutes and remove from the oven.
- Let them cool down completely before you eat.
You might like these recipes too: No-bake Whitechocolate peanutbutter cookie
| Cashew Macaroons
(Visited 117 times, 1 visits today)