Raise your hand if you buy bananas and wait for it to ripe just so that you can whip up some yummy banana bread? I’m raising both hands here! How many of you think that the rate at which the banana ripens is indirectly proportional to your enthusiasm for baking? It’s so true in my case. Some days I want to bake so bad but the bananas decide to test my patience and ripe at the sloth pace. That’s what happened this time when I bought bananas JUST to make banana bread and they made me wait hopelessly.
Finally, they were perfectly ripe enough to make this yummazing bread. I have tweaked this banana bread recipes in so many ways and have loved every version. This time I added some cocoa powder and turned out so well. Some of my other versions include dates/nutella/walnuts/ peanutbutter. Here’s the recipe for chocolate-banana bread.
You will need
All purpose flour/maida/whole-wheat flour- 2 cups
Sugar- 1/2 cup-1 cup
Bananas- 2 big, over-ripe
Oil- 1/4 th cup
Almond milk/milk- 1/4 cup
Baking powder- 2 tsp
Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
Cocoa powder- 2 tsp
Chopped walnuts- 1/2 cup
Sliced bananas- for garnish(optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and grease your loaf pan with oil/butter.
- In a large bowl, add sugar and oil and mix well.
- Add in bananas and mash well with the fork.
- Now add in sifted flour,baking soda, baking powder and cocoa powder and mix well.
- Add in some milk and mix well.
- Add the roughly chopped walnuts or any other nuts that you’re using and pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Top with banana slices and some walnuts.(optional)
- Bake in the middle rack for 1 hour or until the tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool completely before you serve.
(Visited 157 times, 1 visits today)