This is one of my favorite recipes since it’s easy to make and also very delicious. You can serve it for breakfast with some coffee or tea. We usually have it for dinner since we are a big fan of breakfast for dinner. Here’s how I make it.
You will need
Puffed rice/pori- 3 cups
Onion- 1 big, sliced
Green chilli- 6, slit
Peanuts- a handful
Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
Oil- 2 tsp
Hing/asafoetida- a pinch
Salt- to taste
Cilantro- to garnish
Lemon juice- to drizzle on the top, optional
- Heat a pan, add oil, add mustard seeds and once that starts to sizzle add peanuts and hing.
- Add in green chili, onions, turmeric powder, salt and saute until onion is cooked.
- Meanwhile, wash pori and drain the water completely.
- Add in pori and mix well. check for salt and add more if needed.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with cilantro and drizzle some lemon juice.
- Serve hot with some tea or coffee.
(Visited 178 times, 1 visits today)