You will need
- Mint- 1 bunch
- Rice- 2.5 cups
- Peas- 1 cup
- Coconut- 1/2 cup
- Green chili- 5
- Onion- 2 ( 1.5 onions thinly sliced, keep the rest for grinding)
- Ginger-garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
- Cashews- a fistful
- Salt- to taste
- Oil/ghee- 2 tbsp
- Garam masala powder- 2 tsp
- Bay leaf- 2
- Cloves- 3
- Cinnamon- 2
- Cardamom- 2
- Grind mint leaves, half a onion, chilies and coconut into a smooth paste.
- Click on the ‘saute’ mode, add in oil/ghee to the inner pot and add in cumin seeds, cashews and all the spices(bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon, cardamom).
- Add in sliced onions and fry until it turns soft, add in ginger-garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Add in the ground mint paste and mix well and let it fry well until the raw smell goes away.
- Add in peas and garam masala and mix well. Turn off the ‘saute’ mode.
- Add in washed & drained rice and mix well.
- Add in a 4.5 cups of water, salt and mix well.
- Close the lid and make sure it’s secured well, turn the valve into ‘sealing’ mode. Click on ‘manual’ and set the time for 10 minutes and do a quick release once it’s done.
Note- I used regular Sona masoori, so the ratio is 1 cup rice : a little less than 2 cups waterIf you’re going to use basmati rice, then 1 cup rice- 1.25 cups water should be good.
Let me know if you try it and I hope you like it. 🙂
(Visited 679 times, 1 visits today)