I’m not a big fan of ice-cream but I do love me some sorbet/gelato/popsicle. I’m obsessed about Talenti Alfonso Mango sorbet and I can finish it in one sitting. So proud! Anyway, we went grocery shopping last weekend and we came across an amazing deal- 8 lbs strawberries for $5!! I’m the only fruit eater at home and don’t ask me what I would do with 8 lbs of strawberries but I *had* to grab the deal. I usually infuse water with them and a big fan of it. Yesterday I made a batch of Strawberry sorbet and some popsicles. I had around 5 scoops of it today morning and you can say I’m addicted. Here’s how I make it. It’s so easy and it’s only two ingredients. yayy! Also, I don’t remember the last time I type out a recipe here!! Hoping to post more from here on. Okay, off to recipe now.
Strawberries (washed, hulled and roughly chopped) – 1 lb
Sugar- 15 tbsp or as desired
- In a food processor, add in strawberries and sugar and pulse and puree until smooth.
- Pour this mixture into a freezer proof container and place it in the freezer.
- Take it out every 30 mins and crush it with a fork until it’s completely frozen. it took me 4 times.
- Scoop out into a bowl and enjoy!!
- I also poured some into popsicle mold and loved them too.
(Visited 49 times, 1 visits today)