I haven’t baked anything in yonks and was craving for something lemony since a week. I baked this glazed like cake for the first time 3 years back and we loved it so much that I wanted to try again. I’m usually very conscious while baking cake, I try to replace all purpose flour with wheat flour, white sugar with brown sugar, butter with oil but this cake has all sorta mean stuff- butter, white sugar, white flour and all sorta meany yum stuff. But it’s totes worth it. 😀
Here’s how I make it.
You will need
- All-purpose flour- 2 cups
- Sugar- 3/4 th cup
- Eggs- 3
- Butter- 1 stick/ 4oz
- Juice of lime- 1/3 cup
- Zest of lime- 1 tbsp
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Baking powder- 2 1/2 tsp
- Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
- Icing sugar- 1/2 cup
- Juice of lime- 1 tbsp
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 deg F. Grease the 13×9 inch cake pan with some butter or oil.
2. In a large bowl, add in butter (room temperature) and sugar and whip until creamy for about 3 mins.
3. Add in eggs one at a time, beat well after each addition.
4. Add lime juice, zest and vanilla extract and mix well.
5. Add in sifted flour, baking powder and baking soda to this mixture and fold gently until well combined.
6. Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake in pre-heated oven for 30-35 mins. or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7. Let it cool for 5 mins and take it out of the pan and let it cool completely.
8. Meanwhile, make the glaze by mixing icing sugar with the lime juice.
9. Spread the glaze all over the cake.
10. Top the cake with fresh fruits and enjoy.
(Visited 74 times, 1 visits today)