My husband and I go bananas over banana bread and it’s our breakfast staple at home. I have tried several versions of banana bread like this chocolate-banana bread, banana muffins, nutella-banana muffins. To be honest, this recipe is my favorite of all the ones I have tried to date. It’s vegan- no egg, no butter, no milk and yet so fluffy and moist. I have used part ‘whole wheat flour’ and part ‘all-purpose flour’ here, you can change the proportion to your liking. Here’s how I make it.
1. All-purpose flour- 1.5 cups
2. Whole wheat flour- 1 cup
3. Over-ripen bananas- 3 (2.5 for the bread and half for the topping which is optional)
4. Sugar- 1/2 cup
5. Dates- 5, deseeded and chopped roughly
6. Oil- 1/3 cup
7. Walnuts- 3/4 cup
8. Almond milk- 1/4 cup
9. Baking powder- 2 tsp
10. Baking soda- 1/2 tsp
1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 deg F and line the loaf pan with parchment paper or grease it with oil.
2. In a large bowl, whisk oil with sugar for a minute and add in roughly chopped bananas and dates and mash it with a fork.
3. Add in sifted flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix gently.
4. Add in milk and walnuts and mix well.
5. Pour the batter into greased loaf pan.
6. Top them with banana slices if you fancy it.
7. Bake in the middle rack for an hour or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
8. Let the bread cool completely before you
(Visited 183 times, 1 visits today)