Can you tell I’m in a good mood? Oh yes I am and that’s because I’m having my breakfast everyday these days and I feel so good! Ever since my mom left I couldn’t prepare breakfast regularly so i was looking for make ahead kinda breakfast ideas. Overnight oats is a winner for many reasons
1. like I said, I can make it in advance. I prep it in the night and have it the next morning.
2. dessert for breakfast? YES PLEASE!
3. it is so healthy! Oats, chia seeds, yogurt, milk and fruits what’s not to love!
4. instagram worthy pictures! 😀
This is how I make it.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats/instant oats
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- fresh fruit of your choice
- 2 tsp chia seeds(optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract(optional)
- sweetener of your choice, I used maple syrup/honey.
In a jar or bowl, add in cut fruits and mash it roughly. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix once and close the lid. Put it in the refrigerator. And that’s it! Take it out the next morning add add a little bit of milk if necessary and enjoy!
The recipe is so versatile, I have tried with blueberry-lemon, peach, strawberry till now. I’ll be trying brownie batter, tres leches, banana-date-nut, banana-peanutbutter, kiwi-strawberry, pineapple-coconut, apple-cinnamon soon. Let’s see how that goes!
(Visited 320 times, 1 visits today)