Sammy is not a big fan of veggies and I try hard to sneak it someway or the other. In this recipe I’m adding sweet potato(duh!) to rice pudding and I can’t say it was a hit but she did eat quite good. Another way to sneak in sweet potato is by adding the puree to pancake batter. I’ll post the recipe for that one of these days. But for now here’s how I make sweet potato rice pudding.
You will need
1. Cooked rice- 1/2cup
2. Sweetpotato- 1/4th (peeled and steamed)
3. Milk- 1/2 cup
4. Sugar/jaggery- 1/2 tsp
5. ghee/butter- 1/2 tsp
6. cranberries or any other berries/fruits/nuts to garnish
1. Heat a saucepan on a medium flame. Add ghee to it.
2. Add in cooked rice and steamed sweet potato and fry for a minute.
3. Add in milk and sugar and reduce the heat to low. cook until you get creamy consistency.
4. Transfer to bowl and garnish with toppings of your choice. I added some cranberries.