I love me some Mexican food twice a month atleast. We make paneer tacos, veggie enchiladas quite often. Last week when I made tacos, I made some Mexican rice and oh boy, little did I know that my toddler would love it so much and it’s safe to call it our family favorite. I love how simple it is yet so flavorful and it’s so easy to make! Win, win, win!! I made this in my instant pot, you can make it in a pressure cooker. Here’s how I make it.
You will need
1. Long grain rice/basmati rice- 1.5 cups
2. Onion- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
3. Tomato- 2, finely chopped
4. Red/yellow/orange peppers- 1/2 cup, finely chopped
5. Garlic cloves- 3, finely chopped
6. Taco seasoning- 1 tbsp
7. Cumin seeds- 1 tsp
8. Oil/butter- 2 tsp
9. Water/broth- 2 cups
10. Salt to taste
11. Pepper powder- 1 tsp
12. Corn(canned)- 1/2 cup
13. Black bean(canned)- 1/2 cup
14. Juice of lemon- 1 tsp
1. Turn on ‘Saute’ mode, add in oil/butter, cumin seeds and once they sizzle add in onions and garlic.
2. Once onion turns soft, add in tomatoes and peppers. Add in salt, pepper powder and taco seasoning and mix.
3. Turn off ‘saute’ mode. Add in washed and drained rice and water/broth. Mix well. Adjust salt if need at this point.
4. Close the lid and click on ‘manual’ and set the timer for 10 minutes. Natural release. Fluff the rice with the fork.
5. Add in corn, black beans and lemon juice and mix gently.
6. Serve as a side to taco or enchilada. We had the rice for lunch as it is. Like I said it’s simple yet so comforting!
(Visited 156 times, 1 visits today)