This is one such recipe that I’m not a big fan of but would still make it because literally everyone but me raves about it. So why not 🙂 Here’s how I make it.
You will need
1. Butternut squash- 1, cut vertically and remove seeds
2. Onion- 1/2, roughly chopped
3. Garlic cloves- 4
4. Oil- 2 tsp
5. Butter- 1 tbsp
6. Water/broth- 3 cups
7. Salt and pepper- to taste
8. Milk/cream to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Place the butternut squash halves and drizzle the oil evenly and sprinkle some salt and pepper.
- Let it bake until it’s soft and cooked for about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and let it cool. Scoop out the flesh into the blender.
- Meanwhile in a pot, add in butter, add onion and garlic cloves. Saute well. Add in salt and pepper.
- Add this to a blender, add in butternut squash and broth/water.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour soup into bowls and garnish with milk/cream and sprinkle some pepper powder.
(Visited 115 times, 1 visits today)