We are three months into this year and we have been sick for the third time this year already. Sammy and I are so sick of being sick. We have lost the appetite and just find comfort in warm fluid food aka milk/coffee/soup. Speaking of soup, I made this sweetcorn soup sometime last week and my toddler loved it so much so that I almost made it every other day. I loved it too, nothing fancy, no big deal, but this soup is soul food especially when you have cold, more so in Chicago Winter. Make this soup and your tastebuds will thank
me later. Here’s how I make it.You will need
1. 1 tbsp butter
2. 1 cup sweetcorn + 1/2 cup sweetcorn
3. 1 tsp minced garlic
4. 1 tsp minced ginger
5. 1 green chilli (finely chopped)
6. 1 carrot (finely chopped)
7. 1/2 cup green peas
8. 3 cups water/broth
9. salt and pepper to taste
10. green onions to garnishMETHOD
1. Heat a pot on medium heat and add butter to it. Once it melts add in chopped ginger, garlic and green chilies.
2. Grind 1/2 cup of sweetcorn with 1/2 cup of water into a roughly smooth paste.
Add in all the veggies, sweetcorn paste and some salt and pepper and let it cook for a minute.
4. Add in water/broth and close the pot and let the veggies cook.
5. Make sure the veggies are cooked and adjust the salt and pepper to your liking. Garnish with finely chopped green onions.