Summer is here baby, my favorite time of the year! All of my favorite fruits are in season now and I’ll take full advantage of that. I don’t know about you, I crave for something sweet after every meal. Now that the mangoes, berries, peaches are in season, I’m satisfying my cravings with these delicious fruits. Today, I was a zombie since morning and needed a pick-me-up and for me that means something to do with food. I came up with this with whatever I had in my refrigerator. I loved it! Fruit Pizza- a delicious, healthy and look at that, oh-so-pretty. I almost din’t have the heart to eat them. It’s perfect treat for a summer get-together, pool party or even a great activity to do with your kids. here’s how I ‘made’ it.Read More …
I don’t remember the last time I bought tomatoes at the super market.. Before you go WHAT?, let me tell you why. We have been blessed with bounty of tomatoes this year from our backyard garden. My refrigerator is flooded with tomatoes and I’m loving it. I pureed most of it and dumped in the freezer and rest made its way to sauceland. Recently I made this yummy pizza sauce which was oh so good and the aroma was intoxicating. I almost finished quarter of it in the name of taste-testing.
Here’s how I made it.
- Tomato puree- 2 cups note– you can use canned tomatoes/ tomato ketchup
- Italian seasoning- 2 tsp or to taste
- salt & pepper- to taste
- In a saucepan, pour the tomato puree and the remaining ingredients; Mix well.
- Stir often and wait for it to boil.
- Reduce the heat to low ; cover and let it simmer for 45 mins to 1 hour.
- Stir occasionally and let it cool.
- Use it to spread over pizza dough or freeze it in a mason jar.
Linking this post to: